Neuromindworks offers adult neuropsychological medico-legal expert witness assessments including for Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence (e.g. traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, post traumatic stress disorder).
Typical questions answered in a personal injury report include:
- Has the person suffered a brain injury and if so what is the level of severity?
- What neuropsychological problems does the person have (e.g. cognitive, behavioural and emotional)?
- To what extent have these problems caused a level of disability, pain and suffering?
- What are the potential causes of their problems?
- Are there any non-injury/ non index event factors which contribute to their problems?
- What is the person’s potential for recovery/ likely prognosis?
- To what extent would the person have had any difficulties if the index event had not occurred?
- To what extent is the person likely to benefit from rehabilitation and what are the recommendations for rehabilitation?
- Does the person have a psychiatric disorder resulting from the traumatic event (e.g. PTSD)?
- Does the person have the mental capacity to make judgements regarding important legal decisions and their financial affairs?
Medico-legal neuropsychological assessment
Neuropsychological medico-legal assessments typically include:
- A detailed clinical interview and review of the Court bundle
- A range of (neuro)psychometric tests measuring cognitive, emotional and social functioning.
- “Gold standard” tests that are psychometrically robust are used
- Comprehensive symptom validity assessments
- Comprehensive reports which address all issues required by the legal profession
Please give us a call to discuss neuropsychological medico-legal Expert Witness assessments in Birmingham and nationwide.