Neuromindworks Website Privacy Notice
Neuromindworks Ltd, whose registered address is 282 Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, B74 2UG, provides expert witness and rehabilitation services.
Neuromindworks Ltd understands that privacy is important to its clients and customers and that they care about how personal data is used. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of the personal information of all our clients, customers and website users.
This privacy statement sets out how Neuromindworks Ltd uses and protects any information that you may give us when you use this website.
Data Protection Principles
- We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for legitimate reasons .For personal and special category data we are also processing the data for provision of healthcare services or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told or clients about.
- Kept securely.
Personal and Special Category Data
We may automatically collect and use the following information about our website users:
- IP address
- Website usage data.
We may ask you for (or you may provide) the following information if you fill in our contact form:
- Job title
- Telephone numbers – landline and mobile
- Email address
Your rights as a Data Subject?
As a website user you may become a data subject. The latter is someone about whom we collect, hold or store personal or sensitive information (e.g. IP address). Your rights as a data subject are:
- The right to be informed of the personal information we hold about you, and what we do with your personal data.
- The right to access your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- The right to transfer your personal information to another party.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. If the decision is made to engage in automated decision making and profiling, you will be consulted about how this will work and what personal information will be used at the time.
How your information is collected
Information is collected when you complete the contact form or submit an email from our website. Data (possibly including your IP address) is also collected within our systems logs and page usage details are collected by our traffic cookies.
How we use your data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Supplying our services to you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Where we need to in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- To improve our products and services.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- For website analytics
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- In very rare circumstances we may use your information for legal purposes, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
Processing Your Information
In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate business interests of our own, or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. In some circumstances we may use your personal data because you have consented to such use.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be multiple grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Storage and Data Security
Personal and sensitive information is stored on secure servers. We make every effort to ensure that these servers are located within the EU, or that they are protected by the Privacy Shield that allows data to be transferred to and stored outside of the EU in a manner that is GDPR compliant.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application, and any third-party services, may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) and use Personal Data (such as an IP Address) for this purpose.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We do not share personal data with anyone external to our group, other than with:
- Outsourced service providers such as accountants, photocopying companies, confidential shredding services, website maintenance services and digital dictation services, pursuant to GDPR compliant written contracts
- With others where we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties outside of the group unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities?
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
When might you share my personal information with other entities in the group?
We will share your personal information with other entities in our group for system maintenance support and hosting of data.
What about other third parties?
We may need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
You can access the information held about you by written request to Dr Vicki Hall at [email protected], giving 28 days’ notice.
Right to withdraw Consent
In circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Dr Vicki Hall at [email protected] . Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The Data Controller for Neuromindworks Limited is Dr Vicki Hall. Please contact Dr Hall at [email protected] with any questions or requests about the personal information we process.
Alternatively, if you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113. Our ICO registration number is 00045355849. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.